Saturday, November 6, 2010

elmers glue vs. gorilla glue

The world these days constantly tell us that we have to have it together ALL the time. We know bad things happen, but we brush it off like dust and put it in the trash and never to be thought of again. There is going to come a time when the Elmer's glue that we try to hold ourselves together with is going to fall apart. God created us to share with each other whats going on in our lives. He has a stickier, more durable Gorilla glue and He wants us to be in the palm of His hands while He glues us back together one hurt at a time. Its about time we all stop using the elmers glue and start being satisfied and trustworthy of our one true artist that molded us and never wanted us to have it all together.

In my school there is alot of comparing ourselves with other people and complaining about the way we look or our personality. When I put on my "mask" I here God whispering to me asking, "Why am I not enough for you?" I think the world is so unsatisfied with themselves that if we are satisfied with the way we look we are considered selfish. When we pretend to be okay and stuff all of our troubles and not going to God, isn't it like saying God can't help us with our troubles? I find myself reapplying this elmer's glue that we all have. When I think of what God says to me about His glue being better, I picture a salesman saying, " Its bigger, better, more durable and healthier for you and everyone around... the best part is, its FREE!!" and us saying to Him, " theres gotta be something wrong with it if its free??" The thing is, He paid the price for a WHOLE lot more than the "gorilla glue" He paid for EVERYTHING!! He is the Gorilla glue, the main thing that holds us together is The King Of The Universe and we think our glue is better. No way!!!!!!! Jesus Christ wants to be the center of our lives, broken or not; He accepts us exactly the way we were made. So lets all together take off our masks and give our troubles to

Mr.Glue!

No comments:

Post a Comment